- About Us
- Seminary Life
day to day seminarian life
- Beran Library
on campus library of UST
- Contact Us
how to reach us
- Support Seminarians
support our seminarians
St. Mary’s Seminary is searching for an experienced musician with liturgical training experience who will be responsible for the planning, rehearsing and performance of the musical aspects of the liturgical life of St. Mary’s Seminary Program of Priestly Formation. This formation program trains the future priests of the Catholic Church of Galveston-Houston and much of the state of Texas through the 13 dioceses represented at St. Mary’s. The Seminary musician will be an important part of this preparation for the priesthood, working with the seminarians on a daily basis.
Primarily, this person will provide daily accompaniment of Lauds, Vespers and Mass on organ and/or piano. Additional duties include:
• Assisting in the coordination of the musical life of the seminary in collaboration with a team of seminarian liturgical leaders and the Seminary Moderator of the Liturgy,
• Coach seminarians on vocal technique and presidential chants,
• Rehearse regularly with the entire seminary community,
• Assist in organization of other musical ensembles (e.g. Spanish language, Gregorian schola cantorum, contemporary ensemble).
• A Bachelors degree is required; a Masters degree in music is preferred.
• Proficiency in organ and piano in a liturgical setting.
• Candidate must demonstrate familiarity with the history and corpus of Western sacred music and its place in the liturgical life of the Church.
• Must also be familiar with contemporary Spanish-language liturgy, musical sources and repertoire.
• Prior experience working in a church or seminary environment is preferred.
• Must be a practicing Catholic
For more information, please contact Fr. Trung Nguyen, Rector of St. Mary’s Seminary at 713.686.4345 x225. If interested, please send letter of interest and resume to mailto:email@example.com. Enter job title on subject line.